As educators, we have the tremendous responsibility to work towards a future marked by empathy, love, and inclusion by committing to living and teaching anti-racism every single day.
Below are some suggestions on how to challenge the status quo and practice a lifetime of working towards a future marked by empathy, love, and inclusion.
- Frame self-care as community care.
- Do the work of healing your hurt.
- Study your biases and self-awareness.
- Change the ways in which you consume/spend.
- Resist fear. Operate and do from love.
- Use your voice. Attend and speak at school board and city council meetings.
- Invite friends into this work.
- Make zines and share them.